APA & MLA
When Do I Need to Cite?
Where to find info: APA & MLA libguides; What's new in MLA 8th.
Library workshops & Laulima quiz
How to help your students (don’t have time, don’t see how it’s related to what they want to do at college, don’t know how) avoid plagiarism:
- For content-heavy classe, maybe focus on quotation/copy & paste to prevent students from just copying chunks from their textbook.
- Provide templates, samples, examples of good and bad citations, metaphors: They Say/I Say, red shoes in ebay, muddled up address on envelope.
- Student Checklist and Flavors of Plagiarism
Documentation is not just about having a reference list:
- Did you use sources that are good enough for college research?
- Did you link up your in-text citations with your reference list?
- Is every reference in your list discussed in your paper?
- Did you read critical and analyzed the source instead of just droppping a quotation to fulfill the minimum paper requirements?