Library & Learning Resources COVID-19 Updates
Updated: March 25, 2020, 5:10 PM
Lama Building Access
Research & Reference Assistance - Get Help from a Librarian
Need help finding research materials? Librarians are available online to answer your questions:
- Live Chat (Available 9am-4pm, Mon-Fri. See orange tab located on the upper right of the library's home page)
- Email: email@example.com
- Text: 808-201-2986
- Zoom video reference, which allows screen sharing, is also available. Just email, chat, or text to request a session.
- In-person reference for research support is available during library hours, but we highly encourage you to use online options as much as possible.
- Check out the library’s Remote Learning Research Guide and Kapʻiolani CC Student Success in Learning Remotely for tips, advice, and additional resources.
- Ebooks, articles, and other e-resources are available 24/7 via the library website. Print books and other physical items are not available for browsing or circulation at this time.
- Course Reserves: Course reserve loans are suspended until further notice. During this period, library staff are accepting scan requests for course reserves and/or other print library materials as time permits.
- Temporary Scanning Services: Submit your scan request through the library's Scan Request Form (Limit one chapter per request).
- Book requests: Requesting items from other libraries has been suspended until further notice.
- Auto-renewals: Items will be automatically renewed. If you receive an overdue notice, please call (808) 734-9268 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Returns: Please refrain from returning any library materials until regular campus operations resume.
- Library fines: Collection of overdue fines are suspended. If you have a hold on your account, please call (808) 734-9268 or email email@example.com.
Long-term Laptop Use
- The Library has a limited supply of laptops for checkout on a first-come first-serve basis. One device per student. Laptops will be due on Friday, May 15, 2020. Note: these laptops will delete anything saved when shut down, so users must save files via a USB, Google Drive, or email. Not all have video capability..
UH username and Password Resets via email
Events and Workshops
- All library events and face-to-face workshops have been cancelled until further notice. Library instruction and research support will be offered remotely.
The Testing Center will be open until April 3 to honor previously scheduled exams. It is no longer accepting testing appointments and will be closed after April 3 until further notice. Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lamakū Learning Center
The center is closed, but our tutoring and coaching services will continue online. The Study Hub will offer by-appointment peer tutoring sessions in Math and English/Writing at bit.ly/thestudyhub
. Ho‘ā Academic Peer Coaches will also be offering appointments online at bit.ly/hoacoach
to support students in academic skills, financial literacy, health & wellness, life balance, and community.