Updated: September 8, 2020, 10:32 AM
Lama Building Access
- Visit our Library Hours page for updated hours.
- Access to Lama Library is temporarily restricted to UH system students, faculty, and staff. To ensure appropriate social distancing, we are limiting the number of people in the building at one time.
- Per the City & County of Honolulu's Emergency Order, all library visitors must wear face coverings over their noses and mouths.
- If you or someone you are in close contact with are sick, please stay home and get healthy. We reserve the right to ask anyone in the building to leave if they exhibit symptoms of illness or do not follow social distancing protocols.
- The library has rearranged seating to follow CDC Prevention of Coronavirus Disease 2019 guidelines. Disinfecting supplies are available at the circulation, testing and reference desks and it is the responsibility of each user to disinfect their own space.
- The 2nd floor is closed. Group study rooms and meeting rooms are not available until further notice. See more info about Lamakū Learning Center below.
Research & Reference Assistance - Get Help from a Librarian
Need help finding research materials? Librarians are available online to answer your questions:
- Live Chat (Available 9am-4pm, Mon-Fri. See orange tab located on the upper right of the library's home page)
- Email: email@example.com
- Text: 808-201-2986
- Zoom video reference, which allows screen sharing, is also available. Just email, chat, or text to request a session.
- In-person reference for research support is available during library hours, but we highly encourage you to use online options as much as possible.
- Check out the library’s Remote Learning Research Guide and Kapʻiolani CC Student Success in Learning Remotely for tips, advice, and additional resources.
- Ebooks, articles, and other e-resources are available 24/7 via the library website. Print book collections are not available for browsing, but you may request books at the Circulation Desk to read in the library or check out.
- Course Reserves: Students may check-out items for up to 2-hours, and may read or use library scanners to scan these items in the library. Some items may be in quarantine, and students will have the option to use them or request a scan instead.
- Library fines: Collection of overdue fines are suspended. If you have a hold on your account, please call (808) 734-9268 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Long-term Laptop Use
- The Library has a limited supply of laptops for checkout on a first-come first-serve basis. One device per student. Laptops available to be borrowed for the entire semester, will be due on Friday, December 18, 2020. Note: these laptops will delete anything saved when shut down, so users must save files via a USB, Google Drive, or email. Not all have video capability.
UH username and Password Resets via email
Events and Workshops
- All library events and face-to-face workshops have been cancelled until further notice. Library instruction and research support will be offered remotely.
As of Monday, July 6, 2020, the Testing Center has resumed in-person testing by appointment only. Visit the Testing Center's website for details on available testing and related policies. Note: Seating is limited due to social distancing measures.
Questions? Email: email@example.com.
Lamakū Learning Center
For Fall 2020, the Study Hub offers online tutoring appointments from 7am-7pm for Math, Writing, Language, and Other Support. Please visit our website to see our tutors' schedules at bit.ly/thestudyhub or go directly to STAR to book an appointment.
Our center also provides support to students in the areas of Academic Skills, Community, Financial Literacy, Life Balance, and Health & Wellness through Ho‘ā Academic Peer Coaches. Please visit our website at bit.ly/hoacoach or go directly to STAR to make an appointment.