Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the University of Hawaiʻi library system and HathiTrust have entered into an Emergency Temporary Access (ETA) agreement, which allows our patrons to access physical books held at UH libraries, (when they are also available digitally in HathiTrust), online.
1. Go to HathiTrust
2. Select University of Hawaiʻi as the partner institution and click "Continue"
3. Select "Catalog" beneath the search box
4. Start searching for books
5. When you find a book you want, click on the "Temporary Access" link
6. To read the book, click the "Check Out" button and it will allow you to read for an hour. If you keep reading and no one else requests the item, it will allow you to keep reading. If someone else needs the same book, you may have to return to it later.
7. When you are finished reading, you can choose to "Return Early" by clicking the button in the upper-right
8. If you run into issues or have questions, click the "Live Chat - Ask Us!" orange tab in the upper-right of this page, or call 808.734-9359, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Photo by Cookie the Pom on Unsplash