Last Updated: Nov 6, 2014
- In Battle to Cut Billions, a Spotlight on One Man
New York Times, May 30, 2009
- Federal Economic Activities in Hawaii March 2009
Report by the State of Hawai'i Department of Business, Economic Development and Tourism
- Military Spending - Hawaii Business
Hawaii Business Magazine May 2008
- Impact Aid and the Establishment of United States Department of Defense Schools in Hawaii
Findings of a study that examined the feasibility of transferring certain public schools in Hawaii to the U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) are presented in this document. A state legislative resolution to transfer was adopted in response to two concerns--the dissatisfaction of some military families with the quality of public schools on Oahu, and the federal funding (impact aid) that is received by the State Department of Education (SDE) to finance the education of military family members.
- Schofield Barracks, Hawaii (HI) Poverty Rate Data
Information About poor and low income residents in Schofield Barracks.
- Iraq War Is Affecting Small State in a Big Way
Washington Post, Wednesday, February 9, 2005
- Chapter Website: The Military
The Value of Hawai'i Chapter Website. This page contains additional resources and a bio of the chapter's authors, Kathy E. Ferguson and Phyllis Turnbull.