Finding & Evaluating Information
At the end of this library workshop, you'd be able to:
- Find & evaluate magazines, journals, books and websites on your topic.
- Analyze and cite your source.
Group Activity: Discuss the different levels of evidence-based research in these articles on asthma and children:
Now try reading and analyzing this scholarly journal article:
- HIghlight the main sections
- Read and annotate the Discussion section:
- What is the primary finding and its significance?
- What are some questions you've after reading this?
- What stuck with you?
Types of Articles
Now you try it:
- Research Article Worksheet | Research Article Worksheet Help
- What Goes in My Journal Article Review Paper
- PICO Worksheet
- Levels of Evidence-Based Practice Worksheet: A, B, C, D, E.
- Introduction to Evidence-Based Practice
Find Journal Articles
|Use these search tips to find peer reviewed journal articles from these health & medical library databases:|
|ScienceDirect: Cross-disciplinary collection of health and social sciences|
|EBSCO Health Databases: CINAHL, Health Source (Nursing), Medline|
|EBSCO Academic Search Premier: For general research|
Respiratory Care journals: