- "Fo Teach Pidgin o Not Fo Teach Pidgin — Das Da Question" by Alia Wong, Honolulu Civil Beat, 2 March, 2013.
- "Pidgin and Hawaiʻi English: An Overview" by Katie Drager, International Journal of Language, Translation and Intercultural Communication, 2012.
- "Beyond Contrastive Analysis and Codeswitching: Student documentary filmmaking as a challenge to linguicism in Hawaiʻi" by Christina Higgins, et. al. Linguisitics and Educaiton, 2012 (Vol.23, No.2).
- "The Voice of Hawaiʻi" by Laura W. Scanlan, Humanities, 2009 (Vol.30,No. 5).
- "Pondering Pidgin" by Michael Tsai, Honolulu Weekly, 1995.
- "Birds of a Different Feather: Tok Pisin and Hawai'I Creole English as Literary Languages" by Suzanne Romain, The Contemporary Pacific, 1995 (Vol.7,No. 1).
- "The Demise of the English Standard School System in Hawaiʻi" by Judith R. Hughes, The Hawaiian Journal of History, vol.27, 1993.
- "Hawaiʻi's Linguistic Situation: A Sociological Interpretation in the New Key" by Bernhard L. Hormann, Social Process in Hawai'i, 1960: pp.6-31.
- "Communication: A Problem of Island Youth" by Andrew Lind, Social Process in Hawai'i, 1960: pp.44-53.
- "The Competition of Languages in Hawaiʻi" by John E. Reinecke, Social Process in Hawai'i, 1936, vol.2: pp.7-10.
Find Newspaper Articles
Find More Articles
Social Process in Hawai'i: a journal published by the UHM Department of Sociology devoted to social science research on the people and institutions of Hawai`i. Issues from 1936--2007 are available in full-text online.
The Hawaiian Journal of History
An annual scholarly journal devoted to original articles on the history of Hawai‘i, Polynesia, and the Pacific area. Available in full-text online
ScholarSpace: The intellectual works and unique collections of the UHM academic community.
eVols: A digital institutional repository for the University of Hawaiʻi community and researchers around the world.